109 S Second St, Deepwater, MO 64740 660.696.2667

31 December 2015

Bird Crazy Birthday Box Card

Hey All! Happy End of the Year! 
I wanted to share a special card I made for my dad for his birthday earlier this month. I had to wait until he got it to post so I didn't spoil the surprise. 

I offered this as a class last week but plan to offer it again as some missed it due to it being so close to Christmas! 

Below is a close-up of the star of the card. I call him the Grumpy bird. I made & added a noisemaker to conceal his pout and make him look more festive. And I thought he needed rose colored glasses to help remind my dad to keep looking at every day with a hopeful heart (he is battling stage 4 cancer).

Below is the full view of the card. 

Here is a side view so you can see the layers: the party banner in back, the balloons in the middle and the grumpy bird in the front. Everything is attached to clear strips I cut out of heavy plastic packaging. I did this so it stands up well. 

I hope this one makes you all smile! I think It would also make a great Happy New Year card! 

I used Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamps and matching dies and Crazy Things stamps and Dies and Crazy Thoughts stamps. I also used one of his thinlits die sets, for the happy birthday. I can't remember the name of the set. I punched little banners using the Stampin' Up banner punch to make a little party banner on the back row. 

This was such a fun project to make and the class participants had a lot of fun designing their cards too. I hope you will be inspired by this project! 

I wish you all a Happy, Healthy and Very Blessed New Year! 

I would love to hear from those who see this post so I know it's being seen by someone, somewhere so please leave a comment below. If you have questions, you may leave those in the comments also. 

Thanks for stopping by our blog! 
Happy Crafting!
Amy at the Cr@ft L@b

No comments:

Post a Comment