Here's a sneak peek at my card for our Annual Christmas Card Swap.
I finished all 28 of them last night!
No in process pictures for this post either but I can give a written tutorial on the process.
Start out with a Kraft A2 card base. Ink sides and sky area with Faded Jeans Distress Ink and a blending tool.
Stamp background stamp on card to create a horizon. I used one I've had for years. Think it is by Stampendous. It was not big enough to cover the width of the card, so I stamped it twice lining up the horizon. If you try this and don't get it lined up exactly, no problem. The big tree die cut in the front will take care of that for you. I used the new Wendy Vecchi Fern Archival Ink for my background stamping.
I added a hand drawn Eastern Star using my Clear Stardust Gelly Pen.
Then to make the snowflakes, pour some Dylusions White Linen ink spray into a small cup, and dip an old toothbrush in, tap off, then use your thumb to stroke the brush to create a mist of flakes to fall onto the card front. Do this until you have as much or as little snow as you desire.
For the trees I used the Tim Holtz Pine tree die and I cut it out of Core'dinations Distress cardstock. I think it was Peeled Paint and Forest Moss. I put both pieces of paper together, texture side out and cut them at the same time. Then I flipped the lighter one the opposite direction to give added dimension to the piece.
I used the Picket Fence Distress Paint to add snowy edges to the trees. Then I used dimensional foam tape to adhere them together layered as shown with the top and trunks aligned.
For the Deer I used some Lily Bee paper and the L Base Plate with the Tim Holtz Movers & Shapers Mini Deer die. I cut the deer and then inked them with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and an Ink Blending tool.
For the Deer's scarf, I used the L Base Plate with the Bow die from the Tim Holtz Mini Bunny & Bow die set. I cut off the bow parts and kept the center and tails to create the scarf. I used Bazzill Card Shoppe paper. Not really sure which red it was as it was in the scrap bin...and I got 30 of these little scarves out of a small scrap and still had an ATC sized piece left over. Thank you to whoever threw that one in the scrap bin! :-) It added the perfect pop of bright color to my little deer. I popped the deer up with a dimensional foam square adhesive.
The snow at the bottom of the card is quilt batting. Adhered with my favorite adhesive of choice...Ranger's Glossy Accents!
I didn't photograph the inside, but it was stamped with a stamp colored with Distress Markers. I used Forest Moss and Barn door. It reads: May the joy of Christmas fill your heart and home. Everything was colored Forest Moss green except for the Christ in Christmas...I thought it deserved to be in Barn Door Red.
That's what I've been working on lately. I know it's been a long time since I blogged...I hadn't realized that it had been since May though. Hopefully that will change soon, and I can get back to creating more projects to share. Since we have a retreat coming up next weekend, I will not be posting anything further until after that!
Hope you enjoyed the written tutorial. Please leave a comment and let us know you've been here.