109 S Second St, Deepwater, MO 64740 660.696.2667

06 April 2013

Raining Birthday Wishes Card - for Ranger's April Color Palette Contest



This little Stampendous House Mouse stamp was sitting there on our sale table, and well, it just begged to be inked. No one else seemed to want it...so I decided to give it a home in my collection. (Yes, I'm a stamp addict) Why should I deprive it of it's intended destiny?

I stamped the image onto La Blanche Specialty Stamping paper with Ranger Archival Jet Black ink.
Then I colored the greenery and mouse and flowers with colored pencils and Gamsol.I have to admit...the colored pencil didn't really want to stick to the Specialty Stamping paper...so I went back over some of the lighter areas with my blending nibs and various Distress inks.

I used my Tim Holtz / Ranger Foam Blending tool to blend Stormy Sky Distress Ink over the sky area. I love the billowy look it gave the sky...just like rolling storm clouds! Then I blended Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink over the ground. For the final touch...I had to add Ranger's Glossy Accents to the raindrops to give them a nice shine and add depth. It just makes them pop off the image! Love the 3-D effect!
 
As an afterthought, I added a quilt batting cloud. It just needed that little extra embellishment to balance out the card. I used the Stampin' Up honeycomb embossing folder on my Kraft card base which was also blended with the blending tool in Stormy Sky on the top and Brushed Corduroy on the bottom after it was embossed. I used some unbleached fringed muslin scraps to adorn the edges of my stamped image and also for the banner which I cut out using my Tim Holtz / Sizzix Tattered Banners die. I free-handed the greeting using a Black Sakura Glaze pen.

Close up details of the quilt batting Cloud and Glossy Accented raindrops and the fringed muslin trim.
I just love Ranger's Glossy Accents!
The cloud was adhered with...what else??? Glossy Accents of course!
Here's a look at most of the products I used on my card. 
Distress Paints were used on my backdrop pieces! Oh how I love them so!

Thanks for stopping by my blog to take a look.
I hope it brought a smile to your face and brightened your day!
Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment below!
Have a Blessed Day!

1 comment: