109 S Second St, Deepwater, MO 64740 660.696.2667

10 March 2013

My Ranger Seasonal Color Palette - March Entry

So I had this idea in my head for a whimsical Easter Tag...then Ranger came out with their March Color Palette contest, so I decided to utilize their color palette to create my tag so I could enter their contest. Below is the tag that I dreamed up for my entry:

I did not take step by step pictures as I created it, because once I got started, I didn't want to ruin my creative momentum. So, all I have to show is the finished product and a couple of close ups to show the detail.

First: I started with a manilla tag and created my background using Distress Paints: Salty Ocean, Broken China and Picket Fence; Mini mister filled with water. I applied some of each Distress Paint on my craft mat, misted the paint with water, then swiped my tag through the paints and dried the tag with my Heat It tool.

Next: I used my Distress Paints and the weeds from my Tim Holtz Spring Sprung stamp set. I used Forest Moss, Mowed Grass and Peeled Paint and stamped my image once in each color. Then I dried it with my Heat It tool. I inked the edges of the tag first with my Ink blending tool and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink around the top portion, then blended a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Ink on the bottom and then lightly around the entire tag. This just seemed to give it a warmer look.

Then I used Black Archival ink and stamped the rabbit from the Spring Sprung set onto a piece of white card stock. I also stamped the Easter egg from the Mini Blueprint 2 set three times onto white card stock.
See close up below:

I used Perfect Pearls Powders and a water brush to create Perfect Pearls paints to color the balloons.  Colors used: Berry Twist, Grape Fizz, Sunflower Sparkle, Turquoise & Sour Apple (eggs i.e. balloons). Look how shimmery those Perfect Pearl Powder paints look! So much pearly goodness!

The rabbit's jacket was painted with Forever Violet Perfect Pearls powder & a water brush. I used Berry Twist on the Rabbit's ears and bow and a tiny touch of Turquoise for his eye. Then I added glossy accents and Ultra Fine White Flower Soft to his tail! Isn't his fluffy little tail cute?

I used the large ball on end of my fabric petal roller tool to burnish the balloons from the backside to give them a curved appearance. I did the same on the rabbit. It really gives the edges a smooth finished look and makes the egg balloons more realistic looking. I love how the egg stamped design could be turned upside down to make a fun balloon for my Easter tag!

I used Diving Twine for the balloon strings: Purple/White, Lime/White & Pink/White. Adhered the twine to the back of the balloons with Glossy Accents and secured it to Mr. Rabbit by tying a knot and running the twine through a few slits I cut in the card stock where his hands are located. I adhered the balloons and Mr. Rabbit with dimensional foam adhesive to make them stand out from the background and give the tag some depth.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my entry in Ranger's Seasonal Palette-March contest. You may enter too!
Just hop on over to the Ranger blog here: http://rangerink.com/seasonal-palette-march/ for all the details! They're giving away some awesome prizes, and all you have to do to enter is post your project using some or all of the products shown in their March Color Palette photo. Good Luck!

I'd love to hear your feedback on my entry. No hoops to jump through, anyone may easily leave a comment below.

Happy Crafting! I hope my tag brings a smile to your day!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag, one of our favourite stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grееtіngs from Floгidа!
    I’m boгed to tearѕ at ωork ѕο
    I decided to brоwse your website on my iphоnе during lunch break.
    I really liκе thе іnformation yοu prеsеnt hеre and
    can’t ωait to
    taκе а look when I get hοme.
    I’m аmаzеd аt how quick уour
    blog lοаdеd on my phоnе .
    . Ӏ’m
    not even using WIFΙ, just 3G .. Anуωауs, goοd blog!


    My blog рost: orgаniс ρottіng soіl - aisoy.es -

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed to thank уou fοr thіѕ greаt reаd!
    ! I absolutely loved every bit οf it. I hаve got you boοkmarκeԁ tо look at neω stuff
    уou ρoѕt…

    Revіeω my web-sіtе: exercise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cοuld not rеsist commenting.
    Exceptіonally wеll written!

    Feel free to ѕurf to my blоg pοst :
    : losing weight after 50

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’ѕ dіffiсult tо find еxperienced pеople on thіs subjeсt, but you seem like you κnow what you’re talking about!

    Thanks

    Μy web sitе; what does going green mean

    ReplyDelete
  6. After looking at a handful οf the blog posts on your blog, Ι honеstlу
    like your teсhnique οf blοgging. Ι saved
    іt to my bοokmaгk site list and will bе checking bacκ soon.
    Take a loоk at my wеb site too and tell mе
    your oρіnion.

    Look into my blog post: organic pottіng soil (onetruelivinglove.com)

    ReplyDelete