109 S Second St, Deepwater, MO 64740 660.696.2667

13 November 2012

Happy Fall Y'all!

I absolutely Love Fall...so this little project was a joy to create. I've had it done for quite some time, but finally got around to posting it today. I found a similar idea on Pinterest...which is where I got the initial idea for this...but seriously, I was not about to take the time to hand score strips of paper to make my own Rosettes when I own both of the awesome Tim Holtz Rosette dies! What a time saver!

Unfortunately, I did not think to take pictures step by step as I made it...so I will give written instructions below instead.

  1. I used 1 sheet of Canvas Corp Raven script Kraft cardstock 12x12.
  2. I used Ranger Distress Inks in Ripe Persimmon and Peeled Paint to ink the cardstock.
    Note: I inked about 9" x 12" of the cardstock with the Ripe Persimmon for the pumpkin, and about 1-1/2" x 4" with the Peeled Paint (for the leaves). I had some cardstock left over afterwards.
  3. I cut the Inked Cardstock into 2" x 12" strips...to fit the Rosette dies perfectly.
  4. I used the Tim Holtz Alterations Rosette dies for the pumpkin...the Movers & Shapers leaves die (by Tim as well) for the leaves.
  5. Cut out 2 of the Large Rosettes and 2 of the Medium/Small Rosettes...yielding 6 layers
  6. Assemble the Rosettes...I found that using Glossy accents to join the ends works best...but to hold the Rosette in shape...Hot Glue works wonders! It is a lot quicker too...and perfect for this design.
  7. Assemble the Pumpkin. I layered my assembled rosettes one on top of the other in this order from bottom to top: Small Rosette, Medium Rosette, Large Rosette, Large Rosette, Medium Rosette, Small Rosette. This gives it a pumpin like shape.
  8. Cut two leaves out of the Peeled Paint inked cardstock using the Movers & Shapers leaves that comes with the mini leaf & branch set.
  9. Find a small twig out in the yard to use for the stem.
  10. Hot glue the twig to the top of your pumpkin.
  11. Make wire curly ques to attach to the twig if desired. I just used whatever wire I could find.
  12. Tie some twine around your twig...and attach your leaves.
  13. To the twine I added a simple tag I had lying around and inked it with Gathered Twigs Distress ink and wrote Happy Fall Y'all on it with my Walnut Stain Distress Marker.

Voila! Finished Fall Decoration for 2012! You could make a whole pumpkin patch by varying the widths of the rosettes. Ahhh the possibilities!
A Special thanks goes out to Tim Holtz & Sizzix for designing an easy way to make Rosettes!

Below is a photo of two more projects I made using the Tim Holtz Rosette dies. These were made in 2011...back before I had a blog. Enjoy!
 
If you enjoyed this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below.
I'd love to hear your feedback.




1 comment:

  1. Love your use of the rosette and your star book is simply fab x

    ReplyDelete