109 S Second St, Deepwater, MO 64740 660.696.2667

07 July 2012

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Entry


Above is my entry for the Simon Says Stamp Spritz, Spray or Stencil Challenge.
I call it Aroura Borealis.
I started with a 12x12 sheet of Tim Holtz Core'dinations Distress Cardstock in Chipped Sapphire.
I placed a Crafters Workshop trees template on top of the cardstock and SPRITZED with Bleach.
Then I removed the template and let the paper sit untouched for about 10 minutes.
Then I dried the remaining damp spots with my Heat It tool.
Then I punched a circle from scrap cardstock. I think it is between 2 & 3"...it's a Marvy punch.
I laid the circle down on the cardstock where I wanted to have a moon behind the trees.
Then I repositioned the template over the circle and lined it up with the bleached design.
I then took several colors of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and misted it in a vertical direction...to give the effect of Aroura Borealis. I used Key Lime Pie, Turquoise, Patina, Dazzling Diamonds and Dragonfly.
Then I removed the template and the circle and dried the mists with my Heat It tool.
Then I cut the same size circle from another scrap piece of solid cardstock...and this time, I discarded the punched piece and used the background. I positioned the background circle over the circle created when I misted over the punched circle area. Making sure I got it lined up exactly with the circle on the background. Then I once again, lined up the template with the design on the cardstock and laid it over the top of the circle background piece. I covered up all the area around the circle to prevent unwanted spray from ruining the effect. Then I lightly misted the circle area with Marshmallow Glimmer Mist to create the final Moon image. After all the spritzing and misting were complete...my piece was finished off with one last blast with the Heat It tool to make sure it was completely dry.
The picture does not do this piece justice, as you really can't see the shimmery goodness on camera. Boy is it sparkly. The moon appears to be behind the trees...even though it was created in the last two steps! I love how this turned out. Finally, something came out exactly as I had imagined it. I love the starry look the bleach gives the sky. I hope this entry gets me in the running to win a prize.

Go check out this contest and enter for your chance to win at:
http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com/2012/07/challenge-spritz-spray-or-stencil.html

Thanks for looking at my work. Please leave a comment if you like what you see.

7 comments:

  1. This is stunning! I love the effect you achieved. The Simon Says Stamp and Show DT thanks you for linking up with this week's challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I like the variation of colors in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these dark mysterious colours - your night scene look wonderful and those trees are fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in with Simon Says Stamp and Show. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so gorgeous! Loved reading the process of how you created this. Thank you for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your piece is amazing! I totally love the effect you've gotten by spritzing the bleach over the Chipped Sapphire cardstock! It's so mysterious...and "haunting". Love love the trees and the moon in the background. Wouldn't this make a great background for a Halloween project, too?! But in this case...it's just a beautiful serene moonlight night. :) Thanks for sharing this project and the steps you did to achieve such a cool look with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm sure this looks even more fab in person, i hate when the camera doesn't catch the sparkle, so annoying!

    xo, Kristina
    Sharing bloggy love from SSS challenge
    Come by and see me sometime!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That looks so great even this way, I hardly dare to imagine how it would look like in reality ... It' absolutely awesome!
    best
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete