109 S Second St, Deepwater, MO 64740 660.696.2667

03 July 2012

Pinterest Inspiration


I found the above adorable card on Pinterest...
You can check it out here on her blog:
 http://www.kristispapercreations.blogspot.com/2012/06/happy-fathers-day-card.html

Below is my interpretation of Kristi's card...I adapted mine for a July birthday card.
Thanks so much to Kristi for posting your wonderful card on Pinterest and inspiring me.
It was just what I needed to create my friend Jodie's birthday card. Hopefully, she will receive it before she sees it out here on my blog. I mailed it yesterday!
Kraft card stock, Authentique Glory collection patterned cardstock.
Red border created with scraps and an EK success border punch.
Birthday Candles border out of Authentique Glory cardstock and EK Success border punch.
Twine from my stash. Stars were made with the Sizzix original Stars die and paper scraps. I inked the smallest star with chipped sapphire Distress ink & then added Chipped Sapphire Distress stickles.
I used two crimpers on the stars...regular crimper on the large star, waffle cone crimper on the white star which was a kraft star that I used Picket Fence Distress Stain over, then crimped and sanded.
I used a provo craft stars embossing folder over the patterned paper & sanded with my Tim Holtz sanding tool.

This is the inside of my card. I added the patriotic heart to distract from the twine running down the center. The heart was stamped with a custom stamp pad I made for tonight's reinker technique class. I used Fired Brick and Chipped Sapphire Distress reinkers for the heart stamp pad. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up. It was inked with Distress ink pads in Chipped Sapphire and Fired Brick.
Thanks for looking. I hope this post will inspire you to make some patriotic themed cards too!

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled on this post this afternoon and am so thrilled that my card inspired you! I love your take on it and especially like how you made a heart for the inside!

    Isn't Pinterest the best? I get lot of inspiration from there as well!
    Thanks again and have a great day!
    hugs,
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristi. Your card appeared on Pinterest at the exact moment I needed inspiration...and since I had the exact same papers in stock, I could not resist putting my spin on it. I'm glad you found my link giving you credit for the inspiration.
      Yes, Pinterest is one of my new addictions. Now, if we just had time to use all the inspiration we find...that would be the best!
      Thanks for leaving a comment. Have a great day!
      Hugs, Amy

      Delete