109 S Second St, Deepwater, MO 64740 660.696.2667

03 July 2012

12 Tags of 2012 - July...My version

Here's my version of the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2012 for July (http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2012-july/).
I did not have the stamp set he used so I improvised with stamps from my stash.
For some reason, my metallic silver alcohol ink rubbed off when I blended the background on...but it left a very cool effect. The fireworks that were stamped in Black Archival over the top of the Silver alcohol ink, actually kept the metallic hue even though they were stamped on top of the alcohol ink. How'd it do that? I have no idea, but it was a pleasant surprise. I was pleased with the accidental effect. The ruffle at the bottom and the pennant at the top were cut using Tim's tattered lace die. I used Authentique Glory paper for the mat around the glossy focal piece. Kraft tag background, stained with Picket Fence Distress stain and stamped with my Star Spangled Banner background stamp in Archival Jet Black ink.

Thanks for looking.
I wanted to wish everyone a Safe and very Happy 4th of July! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful take on Tim's July tag - love the added banner and punched edge! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete