109 S Second St, Deepwater, MO 64740 660.696.2667

27 June 2012

Man Cards...



Shown above is a card I made for my Father for Father's Day this year. Sweet and simple.
I used the Tim Holtz Mini Old Jalopy Movers & Shapers die for the car, recycled packaging for the windows which I tinted with alcohol inks. For the headlight beam I used a piece of an old transparency and sanded it then inked it with Archival Pale Ocher and used a sharpie to Print Dad in reverse on the backside of the piece. I attached it behind the headlight with Glossy Accents. I used a Paint dabber in Snow Cap white for the clouds. Tim Holtz Stamps for the birds on a wire (from one of his clear sets). EK Success icicle punch for the grass. I also inked the card with Distress Ink, Broken China to give the sky some depth.



This is my first project using the new Tim Holtz Riveted Texture Fade embossing folder. I have to say...
I am in love with this folder. So many possibilities. It could be riveted metal or how about inking it green and using it as a circuit board? I have an idea for that angle, but I have a few supplies I need to find before I pursue my idea for that one. For this card, I used black soot, latte and rust alcohol inks for the background color on the Metal foil tape. Tim Holtz BigZ Gears die, His new mini gears embellishments and some black foam tape to pop up the gears and give the card some dimension. This could be used for a birthday or any other special occasion card.

No comments:

Post a Comment