109 S Second St, Deepwater, MO 64740 660.696.2667

28 June 2012

Dylusions Journal

A couple of weeks ago, we got in some really cool spray inks by Ranger. They are the creation of their designer Dyan Reaveley...a fun, eclectic gal from the UK. I find her artistic style refreshing and liberating. She doesn't plan her art, she just creates it on the fly! I love that! I really wanted to hate this product, but I just can't...I am having way too much fun with these vibrant sprays. If you know me, I love color, and these sprays really bring it to the tablet...and anything else you spray it on. WOW.
Below is the intro page for my very own Art Journal. It was not the first page I created with the sprays, but it is the only one I have not messed up while creating other pages. That is a whole other post...but just so you know, I am keeping my mistakes...and will work to make them into art as well. Nothing a few embellishments can't cover up later on! It's all good!


The cloud is an old Sizzix die, the lightening bolt is actually the Tim Holtz Bird and Branch die...I cut off the bird. Sorry little bird...your feet added just the right touch to make the branch into the lightening bolt I imagined when I turned the die cut sideways! Love that versatile die! Thanks Tim! for Sparking my creativity! The words were created using my Picket Fence Distress Marker. I added some sparkle to the lightening bolt with some Chandelier Glimmer Glam by Tattered Angels. Accenting on the flowers and the cloud's silver lining were made with the Clear Stardust Pen by Sakura. Last but definitely not least...the background was created using Dyan's wonderful Dylusions sprays...too many colors to mention. I also used her ghosting technique and her Crafter's Workshop templates to create some of the background effects. The flowers, by the way, were an accidental bleed through from the back of this page created when I added all the wet sprays to the page. A pleasant discovery! Now I know exactly why Dyan doesn't try to plan her designs! I totally get it...and you will too when you try the Dylusions sprays for yourself. LOVE 'EM!

1 comment: