109 S Second St, Deepwater, MO 64740 660.696.2667

21 May 2012

Melted Crayon Art



I have been seeing these all over Pinterest and just couldn't resist trying it for myself. I used black foam board instead of canvas and instead of using hot glue to secure the crayons to the board, I used E600 glue. Just glue on the crayons (I used the cheap ones for this first experiment), then once the glue is dry  use a heat tool or a hair dryer to melt the crayons. I set mine up on an easel so the melted crayon would drip down. Notice the random "spray" patterns shooting across in both directions...that is from the heat tool giving off just enough of a breeze to send the melting wax flying across the board. Fun little project. This would make a great kids or 4H group craft. I will definately experiment with other designs in the future. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment