109 S Second St, Deepwater, MO 64740 660.696.2667

19 March 2012

Exploring the world of blogging...and a card I made

Hey! It looks like I have finally done it! What you may ask? Well, I think I have created a blog...but the jury is still out on this one. Anyway. I just wanted to say Hi. Please bear with me as I figure out this whole blogging thing. I'll get it eventually.

The reason I started this blog is so that I can post pictures via inlinkz for the most awesome online class I'm taking right now: Creative Chemistry with Tim Holtz. Today was day 1 and I am really excited about what I've learned so far. Now I can intelligently answer questions about the different types of inks and how to tell which one to use on various types of projects.

That's all for today. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. We're supposed to get inky though! Lookin' forward to that for sure!


This is a Christmas Card I made using Ranger Archival & Distress inks with Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz Stamps. The sentiment is stamped in Vermillion Archival Ink. The angel and music notes were stamped in Cobalt Archival Ink. The background was created using Forest Moss and Antique Linen Distress Ink pads...and the crackles were made using the water stamping technique. I love how the Distress inks react and blend when you get them wet! I also used a little spritz of Gold Perfect Pearls mixed with water in my mini-mister. This gives it a touch of sparkle. I colored the angel with colored pencils and gamsol to finish it off...and a touch of Stardust pen to make her shine. Hope you like it. It looks complicated, but it goes together very quickly...and it was way easier than it looks. Afterall, I did it...you can too!

5 comments:

  1. well done to starting a blog! and welcome to the blogging family!...lol. Your card looks great and you have used so many techniques on it! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job!!! You've been busy. Seen your questions on CC101. Congratulations on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on creating your blog!! Love your card, fabulous colour combo!! I'm off to do my homework for day 2 CC101!!
    Hugs, Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new blog! Mine is only 2 weeks old..I understand the learning curve thing! Your piece is amazing. I love the background and the angel you colored. Great class, right? Enjoy it! (PS..Love your blogg name and header!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Tim Holtz projects. Will keep following your blogging. And you're right, creativity does put a smile on my face. Carmen

    ReplyDelete